Sunday, April 14, 2013

Ready or not...

...Here we go!  I can't beleive it is actually going to happen.  It is funny how we have spent so much time talking, planning and preparing for the hike and now we are actually going to be hiking next week!

A lot of people have asked the simple question of why I am doing this.  Well, there are many reasons, some of them may be foreign to you but all are important to me...I love the outdoors, being active and in the wilderness, meeting new people, going on an adventure, eating junk food and just living life in its simplest form...in the moment.  I have to admit, it is going to be weird only thinking of the very basic such as where I am going to sleep and what I am going to eat.  Yet, there is a smile that comes to my face when I think that this will be my life for the next several months.

I have had a great send off so far.  Last weekend was full of food, wine and laughs with some great friends!

Wine tasting in McMinnville
Katie and I also spent a day double and triple-checking our food boxes to make sure we had all our ducks in a row, adding extra candy bars, underwear and socks here and there for good measure :0) 


And of course I had to check to be sure my luxury item, my badminton racket, was tuned up for the trail.  Don't be surprised if you see Katie and me in the 2016 Olympics for badminton doubles!
This weekend I'm seeing a few more friends and family, then it's off to the train station on Monday for our 31 hour ride to San Diego!  Our awesome friend Mollie is meeting us there to spend the day with us on Wednesday, then we will try to get a good night sleep and get an early start from the trailhead on Thursday.

Lexi
Sadly the hardest part of all of this will be leaving my dog for the summer.  She has been a trooper with all the moving, driving and chaos and will be vacationing at the Cap's Day Spa (a.k.a. My parent's house) while I am hiking.  It is very hard to leave this girl, but if all goes well she'll get to hike with me for a bit in Oregon.


No comments:

Post a Comment